Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Bikes, Boats, and BBQ


Relaxing after an exhausting bike ride
Today was a packed day with biking, boating, and a poolside BBQ. Not to mention they announced the Color War winners... Team Talmidim!

Sure enough the waterpaks were not a false alarm, we had a heavy trip day filled with all sorts of fun and adventure. The first part of the day was normal with seder chassidus, nigleh, girsa, and (who could forget) Seder Rambam. At around 1:15 pm we davened mincha, grabbed our frozen waterpaks, and set off for the first segment of our trip: Biking in Dafna. (keep in mind that the  ישיבת קיץ was split into 2 groups for the trips)

We got to Dafna and were pleasantly surprised by a small town-like village with everything from chocolate factories to cows to bikes, it was kind of a cool place. Immediatly upon exiting the bus we were  greeted with tuna and salami sandwiches (oh how we missed you my dear salami) and ate a gezunte lunch. After lunch we got an intellectual  briefing by the biking instructors on the intricacies of the Israeli bicycle. We then chose our bikes and began the excursion. The bikes were heavy duty and the terrain was unforgiving and (for some people) hard to navigate. It lasted for about an hour and was loads of fun.  Then it was time for part 2: Banana Boating.

It took an hour to get to the Kinneret, but Oh Boy was it worth its wait (weight) in gold. The water was warm(ish) and the current was not subsiding, it was perfect conditions for a trip down banana boat lane. We put on our life vests and buckled them up snug, split into groups and found a banana boat (raft tied to boat). What happened next was like an explosion of happines and joy. The boat zoomed ahead as we held on for dear life, we bounced and we bumped and even came close to swallowing water. I have no clue till this very day how I held on the whole time, but I prevailed. Now to part 3 of this action-packed trip: Swimming and BBQ.

We went to the regular Olympic sized pool in Chatzor for some swimming and water recreation. The pool was just as good as ever but with one major touch, the color war winners were announced. I was barely into my 4th race when everyone came running  walking in a frenzied huddle around the judges, shouting something about throwing them in the pool. Then pashut out of the blue I hear a splash and the next thing I know  דיין כץ  is immersed in the pool fully clothed. Then came Treitel, followed by many failed attempts at landing the  מנהל פועל. Team talmidim had won, and therefore earned the tremendous  honor of jumping fully clothed into the pool. After the color war festivities it was time to enjoy a scrumptious BBQ with dogs, burgers, and wings (the 9 days are officially over).

 After the pool we headed back to yeshiva for mariv and promises of a normal day tomorrow (Let's see if that happens). After mariv some of us were treated to a surprise late night farbrengen with  המגיד שיעור ישראל חאנאוויטש. I'm officially still there right now so I gotta wrap this up quick. Hope you enjoy the pictures, and have a great day.







"Seriously...just one more story"

"OK fine...who wants to here about the historical boundaries of White Russia?"

This guy has no clue what he's talking about
I can't watch

Me neither


I have no problem watching

Neither do I


"Are you taking a picture of me?"

"Has anyone seen Meir Katz?"

"They can't see me ...right?"




Cleaning the car


Welcome to Kibbutz Dafna
They have a biking place

They also have a chocolate factory (not kosher sorry)

אין חניה  ...יש חניה

Explaining how to ride an Israeli bike


"So remember the most important rule...don't get lost"














Hands up!!

Hands Down!!



"That was so cool"



"Don't tell me that all the bikes are blurry"

WE made it!!

"Just wait for me to take my helmet off please"





"I am presntly petting a dog"

He better wash his hands after

"My bike had 2 wheels"


Are you seriously wearing a Golani shirt?





Taking a Dog Selfie

That was kinda weird

Time to go back on the bus


I am immensely happy to board the bus

"How are we supposed to do this?"


"Tell them to hold on an no let go"







Man over board









 





Man over board pt2

















The captain explains how to hold on to a raft





There are 2 rafts attached to the boat














Raising up hands in triumphant celebration








"Can you take a picture of me being  מתבונן?"

"Why is he always being  מתבונן?"






Now it is time to swim 



Or play football

He better not lose that football








Dive

same dive

a different dive





"Did you take a picture of that?"


"It's not fair...why don't you jump in?"

"I hope they don't expect me to jump"

"That would be so funny"


Someone through  דיין כץ  into the pool

"I'm serious...it wasn't me"


"Oh my goodness... I am so very wet"

Wow.. his beard is quite large when wet

Trying to convince the  מנהל פועל  to immerse himself in the pool (jump in)

Can you please push him in

JUMP!!
A crowd forms to watch the wet judges


"It's not funny... I also got wet"

I'm staying here in the No-Splash zone

"I pashut don't understand why they wanna throw him in..he is such a nice guy"

He will never understand









I hope all days are as fun as this


Me too

This was takeh a fun trip





"Who is he fooling with that Golani shirt?"



Solving all the world's problems one step at a time

Late night farbrengen with  המגיד שיעור ישראל חאנאוויטש 




"OK ...now seriously leave"



"You heard him...he say to leave"