Sunday, August 10, 2014

River Hikes, Violent Borders, and Lunch on the Rocks

The ראש ישיבה  announces today's breathtaking adventure
Friday's trip consisted of a flowing river hike on the Chizbani, a look at the fiery Syrian border, and lunch on the rocks.

When the Rosh Yeshiva called us in to zal for a surprise meeting we had no clue what to expect. I mean we had a clue because we kinda filled up our waterpaks the night before, but it sounds better this way. So he calls us into zal and everyone is expecting the worse, and then he drops a bomb...we are going on a crazy wet trip water hike.!! The next 15 minutes were spent running around in a state of pandemonium searching for the right balance of water resistence and durability (will crocs alone be enough?) We then boarded the buses for a trip to the Chizbani.

The Chizbani was really a beautiful hike with wonders and revelations at every turm. It wasn't too intense (crocs alone are sufficient), but it was just oh so refreshing. We walked and hiked around the pants-rolling goodness of the chizbani for about an hour then took time for an erev shabbos dip in the river. After the hike we met up at the end for lunch. Lunch was waiting for us under a bridge alongside the river bank. After about 30 minutes for lunch on the rocks (because 'lunch under an overpass' doesn't have a good ring to it), we ventured forth to our final stop of the day: OZ77 army base on the fiery Syrian border.

The drive to the army base was a bit longer than I thought, but boy was it worth every single second. The tour guide spent about 15 minutes explaining the historical significane of the place where we were standing (basically a war or something happened there I think). After that we saw a real war happen right in front of our eyes. The guide pointed to the actual live explosions happening in Syria, and explained how to they are too scared to even think about shooting Israel. He answered all of our questions and really made the experience a special one. From there we went back to yeshiva for an amazing and memorable shabbos. What a trip.




I wonder what The Rosh Yeshiva will tell us


I am also wondering


I am gonna take a picture of this



There are 2 coolers under the bus























I'm so glad I rolled up my pants


Thanks for reminding me



















Why do the staff get Diet Coke?
On a real army tank












Lunch on the rocks





Wrong Chat
"That was embarrassing"


























































Lunch under the bridge


"Ha Ha Ha Ha... they are eating lunch under a bridge"
"So what"




"I kinda like eating under a bridge"

"It reminds me of Arkansas"

It's getting personal
"No pizza for you"


"Why is he putting up random pictures?"
When you find out tell me




What was I waiting for again?



I know a song about a tree

"These sandwiches aren't half bad"





You said this was gonna be a scary trip

"Look over there"

"Now look over here"

I am still looking there















Is it OK if I look down the barrel of this army tank


I am looking through the barrel of a real army tank


Wow

Amazing!

"Is that what I think it is?"


"Look ahead you...there is a real live war happening"



"There is smoke in the horizon"





With sunglasses

Without sunglasses